Even in today’s equal opportunities loving world, many men, however modern minded they are, still view regular massage appointments as being ‘a bit girly’. Today, we’re going to try to convince you otherwise, and more importantly – make you understand how regular massage is just as important as any other healthy habit that’s part of your routine.
Yes, massage is certainly good for the soul. It is a wonderful, indulgent way to take time out, re-charge and revive. And yes, of course it can be a frivolous treat, a fantastic option for a spot of ‘me time’, but it’s much more than that too, and men can benefit from regular massages just as much as women! Still not convinced? Here are some of the most important reasons men should be making massage a part of their routine:
- Massage keeps your body in prime condition meaning you can give your best performance at work and in any sports you play too.
- If you have a physical job, with lots of lifting or manual labour, massage can help relieve fatigued muscles and to avoid injury caused by repeated strain.
- If you have an office based job, spending much of your day at a desk or in front of a computer, there are a lot of restrictions on your movement from sitting in the same position for long periods of time. These can cause imbalances which massage can help to manage.
- If you’re a sporty type, massage can help keep you supple and is also a wonderful way to treat any twists and sprains you pick up along the way.
- If you work out at the gym, you’re obviously already conscious about looking after your body, so you should view massage as an extension of that care you’re already taking! Regular massage appointments between work out sessions will help make the most of the effort you’re putting in!
- Massage will help de-stress you, which is only ever a good thing. We live in a busy world, where increasing responsibilities and pressures can soon take their toll and get on top of anyone. Making time for massage not only helps you unwind after a hard week at work, but it also allows you the time to chill out, ‘take stock’ and prepare yourself for the week ahead.
Ladies – if the man in your life is reluctant to find out about the benefits of regular massage, why not book him an appointment as a gift? (Let him say he’s going to ‘keep you happy’ then see for himself just how beneficial massage actually is!)
Father’s day is coming too – so perhaps it could even be a gift from the kids for all the stressed out Daddies out there?
Either way, gentlemen – we’d be delighted to see you – and we’re pretty sure that once you’ve tried it, you’ll never look back. Forget any misconceptions about ‘hippy music’ and ‘girly scented oils’. Massage is like changing the oil in your car – it helps things to keep running smoothly and improves your daily performance.
And besides, whose to say that men can’t spoil themselves anyway – go ahead – you’re worth it!